My Open Library is an initiative of the Department of Rural and Community Development whose stated aim is “Expand My Open Library to at least 100 library branches around the country by the end of 2022, with the goal of reaching 200 library branches over the next decade. Since our installation of Library Anytime in Dungarvan library, 48% of usage is from 5pm to 8pm, with a further 27% of usage on Sundays and Mondays when the library has been traditionally closed.
Library Anytime is a PV-Supa branded package that meets the requirements of the My Open Library service. This system makes it possible to extend the library’s normal opening hours. It is a complement to the existing manned hours, in which users can still receive the necessary help and guidance. In short, it is a service that allows users to gain access to the library’s facilities at a time that suits them.
- Library members can access the building and carry out all normal library functions.
- Opening and closing times of the unstaffed periods can be set, and changed as required in the administration software.
- Lights, computers, self-service and security will come on automatically and remain on until approaching the end of the unstaffed period.
- Prior to closing, announcements inform anyone in the library that the library will shortly be closing.
- When the closing time is reached all the lights go out, all computers and other services are shut down and the intruder alarm is set.
- In unstaffed periods CCTV monitors and records all activity in the library for the purposes of safety and security.
A unique and user-friendly solution
Library Anytime consists of several components. Our team will work closely with you to custom-tailor the solution to meet your wishes and needs.
Our standard solution includes:
- An entrance computer where the users gain access by using identification.
- Intelligent video surveillance
- Software and I/O controller that ensures automatic control of:
- Door locks/Automation
- Lights and sound
- PCs in the library
- Security systems
- Self Check and PC technology
- A user-friendly administration system that is easy to use by the library staff remotely.